My Favorite Dog Breed!

*    Hi, and welcome back to my blog! Today I am going to be talking about my favorite dog breed, beagles! I have my own, and we got him just before school started. his name P.K, and he is 4 months old. Beagles are very smart, loving, loyal, and in general, the most amazing dogs. While they can be a little stubborn and noisy, they make it up with their cuteness and loyalty!

Training

Training usually tends to be the hardest thing a puppy owner has to deal with. Beagles, however, make it a little easier. Like I said before, beagles are very smart. It took my puppy a week to crate train, three weeks to potty train, and two weeks to learn sit, stay, roll over, stand, and to give us his hand. Now let me explain what these are. Crate training is training your puppy not to use the bathroom in his cage. As much as you want to give your puppy as much room in his/her cage as you can, you shouldn’t. Their cage should only be big enough so they can stand up and turn around, and sleep. The reason is if you don’t, then your puppy will use the bathroom on one end, and sleep on the other. There are many ways to potty train your puppy. The easiest one, in my opinion, is called bell training. It is really simple, because all you have to do is attach a bell to your screen door. When you take your puppy out, make him/her ring the bell. after a while, your puppy will associate the bell with outside, and he/she will ring the bell. Sit, stay, roll over, stand, and giving us their hand are all simple command that you can teach your dog so if he/she tries to chase something, you can just tell them to sit or stay and they will do it.

How to Train

The best way to train your puppy is to encourage him. Saying things like, “Good job!” or “Good boy/girl!” encourages them to always do that. When you are training your puppy with commands, offer them treats. This makes them think that they will get a reward. By the time you stop giving them treats, it will be a habit for them.

Beagle Tips & Facts

Beagles can sense emotions. If you are excited, they want to be excited with you. If you are sad, then they will try to cheer you up by licking you. They are also unbearably cute! They also have an amazing sense of smell.

That’s all for today. Comment down below if you have any questions. See you next time!

Click here for a cool tips about beagles!

Click here for a great website about beagles!

*This picture was mine*