How to Comment

Commenting is important when you are blogging. It helps the reader ask questions directly to the author of the article. Now, you might be reading this and thinking, “Commenting is easy! I don’t need to read an article on how to comment!” But, youImage result for commenting clipart might be wrong. Most of the time, people write dead end comments. You shouldn’t write these comments. These comments don’t carry out a conversation. They are usually just a statement, or a compliment. Examples are, “I like your blog!” or “Your blog is really funny” or other things similar to this. While complimenting is a good thing, you should add more to it, like a question or a connection towards the article that you are commenting on. These are called highway comments. These comments carry on a conversation between the author and the reader or readers. For example, since one of my posts were on volleyball, you might write, “I love volleyball, too! What brand do you wear the most of?” When you write highway comments, more and more people can add on to the conversation and it helps everybody understand the post more and answer any questions that they might have.

Tips On How to Comment

1. Think about any questions you might have about the article. Is there anything you might need clarification on? Do you not understand something the author is saying? If so, ask it!

2. Make a connection. If the author is writing about something that you are passionate about, tell them! They might surprise you with something you never knew before.

3. Leave some constructive criticism. Remember to still be kind when you criticize their work. You could compliment them on one thing, but say how you didn’t really like another.

4. Don’t use texting shortcuts. The author might not know what they mean and then they won’t be able to respond to you.

5. Tell them how they could improve. If you noticed something about their blog, comment and tell them.

6. Add on to their post. Now, while you can’t actually go onto their post and add something, you can tell them something and ask them if they would like to add it.

7. Tell them fun facts about their topics. You may tell them something they might not know.

8.  Don’t comment things like “Cool blog!” or “I like your blog!” Of course you want to compliment the author, but also add something, like any of the things up above.

That’s all for right now. See you guys later, and as always, please take time to check out my classmates’ blogs. Bye!

I got my picture here